what do buds first look like on a plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dylan843, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ok well back in about the begining of juneish me and my friend got a half O of weed,
    he gave me al the seeds so i germinated them then put two in tehre own little plastic cup and the rest i just put in random spot in the ground in a clearing in the woods, for the first 2 weeks i took care of them then i just kinda left them alone and let them do there own thing (it rains alot where i live) so now one of the cup plants in dead and the other is alive and has something coming out....

so can someone tell me what a bud would first look like so i can tell if it is one or not? pictures would be great, thanks alot

2. Going to take a while before it starts flowering. Preflowers are just white hairs/clusters at bud sites. And you'll definitely need to transplant the seedling when it gets big enough.

3. even if u do 12/12 from seed its still going 2 take up 2 a month or longer to establish its self before it flowers

4. Then whats the point of 12/12 from seed???

5. There really is not point to 12/12 from seed. People sometimes run straight 12/12 from clones to get buds quicker. This works with clones though, because it's already a sexually matured plant. Seeds are not.

6. I understand that. I asked what the point of going 12/12 from seed is when you don't just go into flowering when the plant is a sprout or anything. Why not give your plant time to veg resulting in more nodes and overall growth?

7. Something like this.

Attached Files:

8. He's growing outside... depending on where he lives and what the strain is, it will start budding this fall, more or less.

9. I think he wants a picture of a seedling to know what they look like. Maybe?? It's not a bud and there are no buds at this point. You have to wait for the light cycle to change outdoors to start showing sex. Which is just starting to happen in the states, so if you are starting a seedling outside in the US, its prob. pointless (my 2cents)

Either way - here is a pic of a seedling.

Attached Files: