Interested in growing, but can't take that first step.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GBoD, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Howdy,

So I live at home and go to college out here in Alaska.
    I've been really enjoying the release of the leash back home, mostly by toking up every night.
    But I really want to start growing on my own.
    I've done tons of research, but I think I just need to jump in and do it.
    So, I have a few questions.

1.) How bad does marijuana stink as a plant? Could I just seal it up my closet if nobody ever goes in there, only opening to switch lights or water?

2.) If I get good soil, do I really need nutrients? Like, are they required or does it just make them grow more? I just wanted a very easy grow, with maybe a half ounce yield, out of 1-3 plants.

3.) How do you know how much water is enough.

4.) Are male plants completely useless as far as the growing the drugs? From what I'm reading its the ?flowers? we smoke?

5.) Would earthworms help the plant?

6.) Could I grow other flowers with the plant? Make is seem less conspicuous if somebody found it XD

Sorry for all the questions, especially if some of them are stupid.
    This is my first post, my name is short for Ghetto Bong of Destiny. :)

2. Oh yeah, and, if I bought a female from somebody, then grew it till it flowered, I could technically clone it and start over right?

3. Anybody.. ? :(

4. Just sit there and wait while I spoon feed you.

PSYCHE!

5. Lol. Well.. I might sound like an idiot because I just smoked some dank ass weed. This shit hit me with a huge fucking body high.
    But man AK prices are ridiculous. $50 for 3 grams of this (great) shit. Thus why I want to start growing on my own.

6. This question comes often. You want an honest answer. It is understandable that so many people want an easy way to produce some bud. But it isn't easy. If it is easy you waste your time and get nothing. it takes effort and some investment. Yes, smell will be a problem, the solution is money. No, you can't just close the closet because of temperature and humidity, the solution is money. It also sounds like you have security issues. Nice idea, save it for later when you are in a better position.

7. Okay, well just the other two Q's then:
    What about the worms/ladybugs?
    How can you tell the soil is water enough

8. You need to read the stickys on general indoor growing before you ask questions.

9. And by the way, I have money :p
    I'm actually at work right now.. man I love my job.

10. Look at my grow log. It is done as minimal as possible.
    But retains some stealth aspects as well.

11. On a 1st attempt you want to keep things simple as possible.
    You were on the right track with not wanting to use nute with the soil. ORGANICS is what you should look into... Mixing compost, worm castings, bat guano, etc, puts lots of nutes in the soil. So all you must do is WATER regularly. just monitoring your babies and watering is easy as it gets for first time around.

then in following grows you could use liquid organic nutes for additional nutes which will provide faster growth and better yields...
    now 1 to 3 plants in a closet during veg or flowering will smell....need to get a charcoal filter and exhaust filter to kill the smell.

water soil til you start notice it coming out the drain holes. watering should be done daily, more so ever 3-4 or even a week . this will depend on you temps and humidity and also soil mixture...etc........after a while you will know and get a watering routine.

males are useless, unless you are looking to breed plants.....way over your head at this time......not wise enough yet, young grasshopper.. (don't feel bad me either.)

worms more help the soil, but indirectly yes they are good. this is for organics, worms are good in your composts etc. I wouldn't put them in your pots though.

yes you could grow other plants with them, but they would be stealing pressious light from you lady plant..

yes, i you had a female plant, before you flower her you take clone(s) . Root the clones then flower the female.
    Actually, you should read up on mother plants as this is common amugst growers.

12. What's your job? Are you in Alaska?:wave::smoke: