(pics)help first indoor grow need some advice on my plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by tool575757, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Ok hi all this is my first real attemt at indoor growing i have a couple days here. I got 2 75 watts flou grow lights. Im growing in continuous reealease potting soil. I have them in keg cups for now. I am makeing my grow box now. But for right now are they doing ok?im only on day 4.

Attached Files:

2. a little stretchy but not bad at all.

3. Not bad at all. I'd suggest buying a few CFLs for extra light. good luck!

4. im getting a small fan tonight the lights are 1" away they r 75 watts but they only use 17 watts . im going to try a flou grow maybe? im also going to get 4 more 4" flou so it will be running 450 watts of grow flou but only use 102. the wiring in this old house cant take 500+watts of one of the hps of mh bulbs i dont think so to be on safe side for now im doin a flou grow how do i keep them nice and not stringy the lights r really close and have been since start.

5. im doing the same as you with three plants but from what i read and is what im gonna do is at least have 8 cfl in there to make sure there arent any shade spots. you can start off with 4 but eventually you probably need 8, and by using 8 26w 5500k-6500k daylight bulbs youll be only using 208w but it will be the equivalent of 800w. youll also have an output of 12800 lumens. i may be wrong but i think a metal halide 250w or 400, which would be enough to grow your three plants, is at 10,000 lumens and you would be using less power. please someone correct me if im wrong.

p's

6. Update:
    So i went out and bought a fan,2 cfl bulbs, y adapter, and
    a bulb to plug adapter.

Bulbs x2=$18
    fan=$10
    y adapter=$2
    bulb to plug=$2

now the pics of the new set up plz tell me if im
    doing anything wrong!!!!!

Attached Files:

7. lookin goood

8. also can anyone tell me about the sides of my box. Should i but some printer paper on the sides of the milk crate, or leave it open for air flow. They will out grow this crate soon so what should i do.....?

9. quick question are those bulbs daylight bulbs cuz that is what you need for vegging and yes you need to line the inside with something flat white like printer paper or something like that and just put a fan above it pointing into the box.

10. LOL. Printer paper? No, no, no. At least I would never use printer paper. Save yourself some hassle and just go down and get some mylar or flat white paint. Screw that printer paper idea. I don't know it sounds like a bad idea for oh so many reasons.

11. LOL OK IM NOT GONNA PUT THE PAPER IN THERE (GHETTO I KNOW). ILL BE MOVING IN ABOUT 3 WEEKS HOW BIGG DO U THINK THEY WILL BE? I WILL HAVE TO TRANSPORT HEM THERE (PANICS AT THE THOUGHT) BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS IT ABOUT 5 BLOCKS AWAY. ALSO I KNOW THE SYSTEM LOOKS REALLY BAD....(OR DOES IT?) BUT WITH THE MOVE COMES MORE ROOM ILL BE IN A HOUSE INSTEAD OF THIS STUDIO APT. I HAVE A WHOLE BASEMENT TO WORK WITH NOW ROOM WILL NO LONGER BE AN ISSUE (IM GONNA GROW WM BIG NOW....(HOPES) THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT SO FAR EVERY ONE.

UPDATE:

THEY NOW HAVE THEIR 2ND ROW OF LEAVE POPPING OUT!

qUESTIONS:
    HOW DO I TELL IF MY LIGHTS ARE DAYTIME LIGHTS...?
    I GOT PICKS OF THE CFL UP OF THE BOX CAN U TELL...?
    THE FLOU R GROW LIGHTS I KNOW FOR SURE THEY GIVE OF A RED/PURPLE TINT....

12. QUESTION

:confused: DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION THAT WOULD IMPROVE THE SYSTEM I GOT FOR NOW........?

_______
    /\/\/\/\
    ± ± ± ±

13. #13 cantharis, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009

May I ask what´s wrong with white paper? Nice and reflective, cheap, available everywhere, easily taped into place.

14. #14 redrum714, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    i honestly think that paint would be alot worse, and what makes paper so bad? lol i'd like to know if you have a reasonable answer

and it's always good to think about these things before you plant ;) for next time

15. Well i am doin this on the fly buying items as i go...... Bear wit me its cheap till these babies get big. The white paper i suggested and that guy was like no dont use that...i htought it was a good idea....beacuse u can really paint a holly milk crate....i may try it anyway....but the plants will be over the milk crate in a week or to so..... I am moving to ill have a whole basement to work with very soon here.....:d lol

question

any suggestions or comments are greatly desired............

16. your 42w lights are 2700k(kelvin) they're not daylight spectrum, you would use the CFLs you have during flowering, you need daylight spectrum lights (they look white like your tube fluros) goto walmart or target

17. hello I would use wax paper for your set

but it looks good

18. gna have to clean that basement up, u shud look in the forum for little growroom ideas.

19. UPDATE

POSIBLE PROBLEM ONE OF THE PLANTS WAS LOOKING VERY YELLOW. SO I GAVE IT SOME NUTS THAT HAD 24-8-16 PLZ TELL ME IF THIS IS OK TO START GIVING IT TO THE PLANTS!!!!!!!!!! THE GOOD NEWS IS THE PLANT IS GETTING ITS DARKER GREEN COLOR BACK..... BUT I HAVE ANOTHER PROB WITH ONE OF THE OTHERS THE LEAVES R ALMOST LIKES ITS BEEN PINCHED U CAN KINDA SEE IN THE PIC ITS THE LAST 2 PICS THEY R THE SAME PLANT.... I ALSO AM GETTING SOME BLACK SPOTS HERE AND THERE. THEY ALSO GETTING YELLOW LITTLE DOTS ON THE BIGGER LEAVES I DONT THINK THIS IS A CONCER BUT I COULD BE WRONG.. THEY ALL GET THE SAME LIGHT WATER EVERYTHING....
    ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY R INDICA OR NOT... WHEN SHOULD I TRANS PLANT I WAS THINKIN WITHIN THE NEXT COUPLE DAYS GOING TO A 5 GALLON BUCKET FOR ITS PERMANANT HOME........

qUESTIONs

CAN I START GIVING THEM NUTES....?
    YELLOW LITTLE SPOTS....?
    BLACK SPOTS ON COUPLE OF LEAVES....?
    BENT LEAVES....?
    ARE THEY INDICA.....? (CAN U TELL THIS EARLY)
    WHEN SHOULD I TRANSPLANT.....?

THANKS EVERY ONE FOR YOUR HELP SO FAR!!!!!:D

Attached Files:

20. it depends on your budget dude.. if what you have now is what you can afford then your good. I think you plants look fine personally.