maggie... my first baby

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gypjew, Mar 11, 2009.

1. this is my first plant and i'm very cautious when learning something new.... my last hobby was home made alchohol (my honey mead came out AWESOME!:D) as you can tell i don't like paying for anything i can make, grow, or build myself better and cheaper...
    I'm looking for some input or tips on how to do what i am doing a little better....
    i am useing miricle grow potting soil, garden club select plant food (time released) , right now i have four cfl bulbs two are natrual light with 1600 lumes each, the other two are white with 1200 lumens each and they all have different kelvin heats.... (pictures of the grow closet below) i don't yet have a ventalation fan installed yet but plan on istalling a 12v computer fan but i'm not sure if i should have it on at a certain temp or just all the time....?
    i bought it as a clone it's supposed to be train wreck but i don't really trust the word of the gangster at the counter of the club i purchased it at...
    but i think i stunted it before i put it in the enclosure, by having it under a weak light and not having enough nutrients in the soil :confused:... will that influence the yeild?
    as of right now i have it timed for 16 hours of light and 8 dark, but before the enclosure i didn't have a timer either so i had it under pretty much constant light.... the pictures are in order below i purchased it approximately 3 weeks ago..... any info or tips are VERY APPRICIATED!!!!!!!!!!! thanx:wave:

Attached Files:

2. Good luck with your grow.

A few things:
    1,Plants only process light efficiently in a few different color spectrums. 6500k for veg 2700k for flower is the CFL rule of thumb. You might want to get that straightened out for your lights going forward. As it grows it's going to demand more of the right type of light, at least 100 watts per plant.
    2,24/0 is the recommended light schedule for vegging for fastest growth
    3,time released nutes in your soil may give your plant nute burn, but nothing you can do about that now really. Find a better soil when you transplant it to a larger home (organic, no timed released ferts, cut it with perlite)
    4,What kind of gangster club do you go to that gives out cuttings??? No, nevermind, I don't want to know.

3. #3 GetsLifted, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2009
    +rep Bt. That reply helped me out too :p. Oh and gyp, you should read around for LST.
    LST(Low Stress Training) will maximize your yield dramatically.

4. ahhh dude...i will say you CAN save the plant but damn!....Its fucked up!...Its yellow bc of too many nutes, and you should put those CFL's AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE without burning them....now with the critisizm out of the way

1-go get 6500k Daylight CFL's (put them as close as it is comfy for ur hand to be that close)
    2- Get a 3 gallon pot while your at it
    3- Pick up some soil NO NUTES or FERTS in it.(cut it with perlite like BtRB said)
    4- Get rid of that aluminum foil and paint it white, or buy mylar
    5- Dont "buy" a pot plant off ANYONE, esp one that looks like that!
    6- Fan leaves are the plants way of making energy to grow and only trim them if ABSOLUTELY NECISSARY
    7- A cpu fan works but do you want it to grow or do you want it to GROW?
    8- Buy Fertilizer when you go to buy your ORGANIC soil (w\o nutes or ferts, NPK rated i would suggest a mild one like 5-3-3 so you dont run the risk of burning it agn)

Once you've accomplished this come back and tell us how it turned out bc i GUARENTEE your plants will be green again and not all shitty lookin and ready to croke. Peace dude everyones new at it keep going u got this far!

5. Good luck with it.

6. Looks a bit nute burned to me but otherwise healthy. Listen to the advice given here about proper lighting and spectrum.

7. so it's been a while but i took in all the advice and i think it's going good now... she shot up to a foot tall then stopped i think it was the size of the pot i was using so i went and got a bigger one and added more cfls 6500k and there are 6 23 watts and one 14 watt... she is flourishing... beside the fact i had to exterminate some mites:( but they are gone now... any advice when i should start the 12/12 cycle? i only have 4 feet to grow her and i heard she could double during the flowering stage... so i was thinking at 20 inches does that sound right? thanks for all the help! :hello:

Attached Files:

8. it was a club in the city... i actually talked the guy down in price... i didn't think i would be able to haggle with a cannabis club but hey it worked! lol

9. She's ready to go now if you want. CFL's don't penetrate very far and she's going to probably double in height during flowering.

10. so i started flowering 5 days ago and i'm already seeing the sex show... ( i don't know what they are called) but she's also grown about 5 inches more... here's an updated pic...:hello:

Attached Files:

11. I'm gonna watch this one. Looking pretty darn good man.

12. what size pot you got it in?

13. #13 cantharis, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2009

Looks OK to me.

14. Looking good man. Considering most people kill their first plant.:gc_rocks::yay:

15. I've got it in a 12 1/2" pot it's close to 3 gallons

16. thanx... trust me it's been a rough road and i'm suprised it's still living... i've had to do a lot of reading and nute switching and well you all know... but i think i've got it going good... she's looking happy thanx everyone for the feed back and tips and there will definatly be more pics as she grows and matures....;)

17. #17 gypjew, Apr 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
    so today i added some epson salt in hopes to get rid of the brown leave tips and edges that i see.... if you don't know about this it gives your plant magnisium wich your plant needs for photosynthisis which gives the leaves the green color (magnisium isn't in any plant food i've found so i mixed a spoon full in a gallon of water ) hopefully that will make that go away we shall see... anyway here is a updated pic of the grow closet and one more of sweet maggie....

Attached Files:

18. Looking good gypjew, keep it up

19. I can smell the buds now :)

Happy 420 :yay:

20. #20 cantharis, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009

Oh dear, you have got it wrong. Epsom salts (MgSO4) gives your plants MAGNESIUM - read my link below.

And phosphorus is found in almost EVERY fert, it is the P in NPK. This link might be of help:

NPK Basic Fertiliser Components - Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium or Potash

Plants looking nice, anyway. +rep