Help Needed For First Time Hydro Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by babysumo, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,
    Thanks for all the great info and guides on the site, really saved me with my first soil grow. However, I am now trying hydro for the first time and I need some expert assistance(so naturally came here). Any help would be much appreciated.

This is my first Hydro crop, and my babies aren't looking the best, Please Help!
    The Info:
    -Indoor Wilma System using Hydroton Clay Pebbles
    -Strain is Barneys Sweet Tooth
    -Plants are 4 weeks old
    -600w HPS light
    -Lights have been 1m or so from plants at all times since transfer
    -Using GHE Flora Series(Gro, Bloom & Micro)
    -PH has been floating between 5.5 and 6.5, though it peaked at about 7.5 shortly after transplant
    -Temp is aprox 75f during lights on and humidity is aprox 55
    -Pots are 11L
    -There are no bugs.

Plants were transplanted one week ago. I initially uped the nute to 5-5-5 per 10l, which I think may have caused the initial problem. I have since flushed out the pots and replaced the water in resevoir, using a solution 1/3 strength of the original strength, but the problem is not getting any better, it is in fact getting worse.

Thank you for any help that you may have for me. I will keep posting news of how this is going.
    Best Regards, Sumo.

Attached Files:

2. Hmm the only thing I can think of right now is that you did not soak you're pebbles and cubes?

3. Hi Mels,
    I soaked the cubes but did not soak the pebbles for so long. Is there any thing I can do to rectify this

4. When you next change the res run all the ph corrected water through the stones then check the ph after just to make sure it was not altered, however I would say at this age its more likley to be defficiency problems as to burning do you have a feeding plan at all? If not use the lucas formula.

5. I was using the feeding plan provided with the nutrients, but stepped it back when I saw the effect it had. When I flushed out the pots I did so with PH adjusted water and checked the Ph again before adding the nutrients, everything was fine. With regards to the lighting, I was quite careful with the ventilation and temp control in the area so I dont think that was the cause.
    Thanks a million for the help..