White pistils of a pre-flowering plant (18/6) already turning orange... normal?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by bengt, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Hi guys. My plant is nearly 2 months old, and it's healthy and green and bushy. But... the white pistils it has showed about a week ago or so, are turning to a red/orange/brown combination and are getting thinner.

Is my plant beginning to flower already? I didn't put her at 12/12h. I'll post pictures as soon as I get home (I'm at work).

Thanks for any replies.

2. As soon as you see preflowers you should switch to 12/12 immediately...

Thats a tough one to gauge without any pics. If they are turning color from heat damage then its a really bad thing (they would also look shrivled if it was from heat).

Pistils can change to amber very early in the process this is why harvests should always be judged by viewing trichomes.

3. some plants go into flower when thier sexually mature reguardless of the light cycle, mabye its native habitat has long days.... Id say it sounds like good genes, but its def. flower time.

4. pre-flowers are just that, pre-flowers. I have mom plants that are a year old that have pre-flowers on them but havent flowered because I keep them in 18/6 light. with that said, there are a few strains that autoflower.

pisitils turn color for a number of reasons but one for concern would be male pollen getting to them. are you sure you dont have any males in the same vicinity as this pre-flowering female? a pollenated pistil will cause it to turn brown and recede.

linedrivr