why arnt the white hairs turning brown?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by karo1229, Jun 24, 2003.

1. hey all,

My plants been budding for a while now but the hairs arnt turning brown? only a few. been the same for about a week

What to do? can i harvest them?

thanks.

Karo

2. How long is long?

I can think of Sativas that go for 100+ days.

Bringing the light cycle down a little more can often encourage the ladies to finish a little quicker.

PS get a 30x scope and examine trichomes (the sparkly bits) to really tell when your crop is ready.

3. well the plant is inside now old gets a few hours like 4-6 in the sunshine, should i put it in a room where it wont get direct sunlight?

plants been budding for about one one and a half months..
    i didnt think it would take that long, thought they only took a few weeks to mature?

KAro

4. HIGH All, when a plant Buds it needs 12 hours of uninterrupted dark...no light at All. As Sureshot says Sativa's Bud the longest up to 14 weeks and an Indica 9 weeks.

The plant may be confused and slowed down...stress will do that to a plant.

5. Indoor growers falsely flower plants by using a 12on/12off light cycle, this is done through control of electric lights in a space that is not lit by natural light. I fyou are growing using natural sunlight indoors then you will have to move the plant into a darkened (as dark as a full moon lit night at the veryu least) area (or cover them) for a minimum of 12 hours consecutive.

This 12/12 lighting cycle happens more naturally out of doors as the days get shorter and winter encroaches. Plants lit outdoor may take longer to start fully flowering because of this. This is also the reason that some growers indoors give their plants a 48 hour dark period at the start of their 12/12 (a kick start to the girls to tell them to hurry and start flowering...fuck the sun's gone).

The average indoor cannabis plant will complete it's flowering in anywhere from 40 to 80 days. I'm not aware of any substantially shorter (saw an Early Girl come in at 41) but there are several (probably many) Sativa based strains that will take 80+ days to finish properly. Nice pure bred thai can take 100+. Scary!

My advice to you would be to make sure you cover your girls (you're sure ?) from say 7pm to 7am and give it as much light as you can from morning til evening.

Then go to Radioshack (or some hydro shops) and get a 30x hand held microscope, look at your buds and the leaves amongst them. On these buds and leaves there are the sparkles of the "frost", the good stuff. Examine this frosted resinous layer and you will see that it is made of little mushroom looking things (stalks with a small gobule of clear liquid on the end). These will tell you when to harvest. When most of them are cloudy and swollen this is the buds most potent time! They start of clear, go cloudy and then go amber. You want them clear to cloudy, for a celebral high and cloudy to amber for couch lock.

Knowing when to harvest is something you kind of learn, slowly gaining experience, good luck.

Oh, and check the Overgrow FAQ and forums for details on harvesting, when to harvest etc.