12/12 from seed Northernlights by Nirvana

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by italian stallion, Nov 17, 2007.

1. I'm finishing my new set up for a 12/12 from seed. Iv'e decided to move my Lowrider cab to a different location and use that space in my grow room effieciency.

So here goes:

SEED: Northern lights by Nirvana...(Doc.)
    POTS : 6 inch square 12 of them
    SOIL :Fox Farm Light Warrior organic
    NUTES: 3 weeks phed water...Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7....H20 last two weeks
    LIGHT : 2 foot T5 6 bulbs 4 red spec. two blue spec.

Will be paper towl method then plant directly into pots. No transplanting or stress. I think I have the right strain for this and ok setup. So it's only me that can ____ this up.
    Here's some pics. of the set up. Let me know what you think. If you have any expierience with this method of growing please share your advise and results. I plan on trying different stains if this grow goes well.

Attached Files:

2. Looks good man.....
    Have ya' started watering the pots?

It's good to start watering for a least a week B4 ya' plant
    If not you should....so the Lil' critters can start to colonize the soil :)
    B4 ya' put the (sprouted)seeds in

3. Thanks Doc. I'll be watering the pots today . Thanks. I'm really pumpped about this grow.

4. I bought those 8 inch pots and now I'm wondering if 6 inch would be ok? Thet would fit better under the light. Since I'm going 12/12 from seed can I use 6 inch pots? I'm goinf to the hydro store this afternoon. Advise please.

5. Well, I'm doing 12/12 from seed with Nirvana NL as well. They are in 2 liter soda bottles, and man, the roots are really packed into the bottom more so than any bagseed I've ever messed with. They are about 18-24" tall and about on their 20th day of actual flower.

I keep remembering what DrGreenbuds says about "root bound is a state of mind" ..... so I'm planning on letting them ride it out in these containers. I've got clones rooting just in case.

I'll try and get a pic later today. Maybe Dr. will chime in and let us know our containers are fine :)

Best of luck - OGH

6. Thanks for the reply grayhair. hat's why I got the 8 inch pots . Didn't want root bound issues. I'm stalling going to the hydro store. I may just ask the dude there.

7. Are you talking about 6"x8.5" black pots used in every nursery?....then yes they will work fine ;)
    I'm a dumb ass and did not look and see that you ment 6"x6" square pots those will be fine also

8. Those will be fine...top dress the pots/bottles with Worm Castings and the girlz will very happy :D

9. Thanks Doc. I feel like I have a big brother watching out for me. Yes I now have 8" square pots in the area. I wanted to use 6" square pots. I'm going now to get them.

I have 15 seeds under moist papertowls right now.:hello:

10. Thanks Doc, I feel a bit better...still don't know how you pull it off in 1 liters :hello:

Sergio, here are the pics of my babies which have been 12/12 from the moment the popped out of the dirt under a 400 watt HPS. Sorry for the crappy color..light just kills my camera.

This is the little group of 3 NL females, and 2 Hashberry females. Day 41 from popping up, Day 17 of actual flowers forming.
    [​IMG]

This is the root ball going on in all the NL and even the Hashberries...it is what got me worried that I may need to transplant.
    [​IMG]

And here is the obligatory bud shot of one of the NL tops, Day 17 of flower and Day 41 from popping up from dirt.
    [​IMG]

Best of luck, not trying to hijack the thread, hopefully adding encouragement that 12/12 from seed will be fine :D

Peace - OGH

11. Relax deep breaths ......:smoking:
    Your Plants look great Bro....
    keep feeding the girlz and they will be fine.....
    those are nice healthy roots.....
    are there any castings or fungi in the mix?

12. Man that looks great!!! Thanks for sharing. This forum is awsome,how else can you learn sooo much from people you would never meet. Keep the updates coming please.

Anyone else 12/12 share your growing expieriences too.

Thanks Doc.

I went and got the 6" pots and filled them up. Iv'e been watering the soil for a couple of days as the doctor had mentioned. They fill the lighted area perfectly! Checked on the seeds and they were doing good . No tap roots but a few shells were cracking.

Peace!:smoking:

13. Many deep breaths today Doc, thanks for your guidance.

Thanks a ton guys, I agree, this board is the tops for learning and sharing.

Dr. GB - No castings or anything else yet...only give them just a dab of Neptunes Harvest Organic 2-3-1 fish and seaweed fert. once a week for now.

These worm castings have my interest though, but not sure, are they something I need to order in? Or is it as simple as going down to the bait shop and buying some night crawlers and removing the worms and whats left is the castings? Any help is always much appreciated.

Oh, and Sergio, keep a watch on the NL as they start. If your batch is similar to mine, you'll have a couple that just never seem to get going, and then the others will split between M/F but they will be monster growers.

Peace - OGH

14. Old grey you can get worm castings at your local hydro shop, I know mine has them. or poss. one of those huge garden centers. My fox farm stuff had them in it. $$$ though!!

I hope to start as many seedlings as possible so as to get the most females. Good to know what to look for . thanks. I'll keep everyone posted.

15. Hey guys here's some pics of the new pots. they fit well. also planted 6 seeds that had tap roots. All other seeds have split but not popped thru. Giood temps too. Put a small electric heater in the room at night. Keeps temp2 69 degrees at night.

Attached Files:

16. Hey guys it's been two days since I planted the first six seeds and all six have sprouted!! I expect the second six soon. :D They look happy. I'll get some pics when they stand out some more.

Attached Files:

17. All seeds have sprouted!!!!!:hello:15 northern lights seedlings. I'm siked!!!!

18. Congrats on the perfect "pop" ratio :D Always a good feeling. I like the nifty little water gauges you have.....would help me out I'm sure as I just never quite know the perfect time to water.

Peace - OGH

19. I'm not sure how well the watering things works yet. The guy at the hydro shop gave them to me for free. He said they were there for like 5 years and henever sold one. Ha ha . I'll get more if they are acurate. I'll be testing there worth as the days go by. Thanks again for the props.

20. :hello::hello:WooooHoooo:hello::hello:
    And so it begins.....this grow is gonna open a few eyes here at "The City" :wave:

• Like Like x 1