12/12 from seed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grizzel, Nov 5, 2007.

1. I know this must have been asked a thousand X's, so I apologize for being lazy.
    Question do I start 12/12 when the seeds pop out of the ready gro plugs?

Grizzel

2. no buddy 18/6 18 light 6 dark u go 12/12 when u start flower i mine took from the seed poping out of the soil 5 -6 weeks 18/6 when they are bigger then 8-8and a half inches u can check sex by 12/12 then back to 18/6 till u get the height u want then 12/12

3. not smart,
    switching to 12/12 then back to 18/6 will stunt your plant.
    for atleast a month.
    why would you do that??:confused:

whether you bring them back or not is not gonna change the fact of them being male/female.
    wont add on weight either until the stunting is over which will take around a month to 2 months.
    and in that time you could harvest the plants that you didnt switch back to 18/6.

so i say
    switching to 12/12(flower) and then back to 18/6(veg)
    is not only pointless.
    but stupid.

4. u do it to check the sex of the plant wat the piont of growing all that time and spending money on elecy to find out they all male

5. a month to 2 month lol

6. wouldnt you usually clone instead of throwing your entire plant in there and bringing it back to veg???

I did that and mine stunted for about that long.
    weird.

where am i wrong??
    let me know.:smoking:

7. What kinda seeds ....most Sativa dominant strains will kick out some kick ass sized budz done 12/12 from seed.....but if you do this you run the chance of growing the best plant you ever have with no way to repeat it later....thats up 2 you ;)

[​IMG]

These were 12/12 from seed under a 400HPS...this pic was at 54 days from germination :D

8. holy shit, what strain is that

9. dude!!!!!!!!!! wait wait wait wait....let met get this straight.....that picture was 12 and 12 from day 1, and that picture was 54 days later???? I think u found a way to save a few months of growing....please give me info because I want to do this.....what strain, how many plants, what kind of nutes, and how did u grow it? hydro soil soiless??

10. That picture could easily be of one plant. DierWolf did a grow like this, he simply topped it a few times and did some gnarly LST. Got some hella big buds off it too. I'm actually doing a grow right now 12/12 from seed :). I'll let you know how it goes.

11. please let me know, this is crazy...I never thhought of this, also about how tall do the plants get by doin this and can you give co2 to the plant even though its a baby? also how long did the plant grow for being in 12/12 from seed? also can I do this with clones? what are the drawback of starting a plant from 12/12 besides smaller size??

12. [​IMG]
    It's "Northern Lights"....Let it be know that this does NOT work with all MJ some will yield less than an 1/8...these were all over one oz

This grow was done by Atmosphere over at IC Mag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And also I was wrong about the light they were under CFL's
    12/12 Strain Report: Northern Lights by: Nirvana

1) your experience level...This is my second garden, and the first I have tried with 12/12

2) Lighting...CFL's, 12 mounted in shoplight reflectors, 23 watts each, 276 watts total.

3) Container size...individual pots, 5.5" x 5.5" x 6" tall. Approximately 1 liter.

4) Soil recipe/mix...Foxfarm Ocean Forest organic soil and perlite, 2/3 FFOF, 1/3 perlite.

5) Watering schedule...I use the pot lift (test for weight) method, make sure to let the soil get pretty dry between waterings. Wind up watering every 2-3 days once plants get full grown.

6) Nutrients used...just plain PH'ed water first 5 weeks, Pureblend Pro Flowering formula for soil, every 3rd watering (about once per week), at the recommended strength on the container. Flushed last 2 weeks by only watering with plain water.

7) Time until sexing...6 plants total, 2 showed female at 14 days, the other 2 showed female on day 15. Also 2 males showed up, they were shown the door on day 12.

8) Total flower time...Just about 52 days (I let 2 go to day 58 just to get a more couch lock effect), trichomes picked around 30% clear;50% cloudy; 20% amber. Pistils were approximately 50% orangy dried, the other half seemed still alive and whitish. Decent bag appeal I'd say...frosty too.

9) Conclusion...I really liked growing Northern Lights by Nirvana, would definately do it again. I really had no problems, except for my shortest plant (12"!) which had one big FAT cola, super dense, it got mold in it, had to make cannabutter. I had shitty ventilation, thankfully I had low RH or mold may have been worse. I got at least an ounce of great weed from each plant (sizes: 12"; 16"; 17"; and 23") and that was with a crappy light set-up.

13. pretty damn inspirational, it will be my next attempt!

14. what does that mean:confused:...thanx.
    edit...never mind i figured it out after i read the post...mag=magazeeeeen or some such medium:eek:

15. 7) Time until sexing...6 plants total, 2 showed female at 14 days, the other 2 showed female on day 15. Also 2 males showed up, they were shown the door on day 12.

Damn that fast??

i have some hawiian sativas im growing would they be a good strain 4 this?

16. u only do it till u see the very first pisstols then back and any way the plant will still grow 2 to 3 weeks into flower so why would it stop when u put it back to more light even up to 4 wekks i no where to put a mother just now my m8 has no room for veg and flower room so no point cloneing till i sort that out

17. oh
    weird
    I always thought it stunted the plant.
    maybe there was something wrong with my last one that made it stunt.

18. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1>
    This guy is the 12/12 from seed Master

Growing 12/12 is a nice way to grow some good [​IMG]

It depends on wich strain you choose,this will be the norm for the amount of plants on a m2.The more sativa influence is there in a plants the less plants you will need.

Next picture's are from 12/12 grow
    ShackF2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jackberry:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Killing Fields:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

When using direct 12/12 the plants will take 3-4 weeks veg,depends on wich strain you are using.
    Problem is that it is not ideal to make cuttings from this plants when looking for a mother plant because they are allready in flower.

I doubt that this method is faster than when you give youre plant normal veg.
    Nice thing is that you will have uge cola's when growing this way [​IMG]

have fun

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1 vAlign=bottom>__________________________
    www.sanniesshop.com

Click the link above for the seeds

19. holy shit those are some good nuggets, I love those purple plants.
    I WANT SOMEEE!!!!
    what strain are the purple ones?

20. anyone know what the DISADVANTAGES to growing this way? also would it not be a good idea to top the plant with a 12/12 grow? would topping it make it yeild less with this method?