Veg to flower question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ithofbubbles, Oct 10, 2007.

1. ok, I know u can shorten veg time to get it to flower faster, but can you veg longer than ur suposed to? this way you would have a big strong plant b4 it starts to flower wich should mean more bud? if u can how much longer exactly?

2. Teqnically you can veg for as long as you want, but the longest ive seen most people veg for are 2- 3 months then go too flower.

3. I had a plant once that vegged for 5 months indoors. It grew to 6' tall and 3' diameter on the bottom. It was a beauty that yeilded 1lb 7oz. There is a cap on how long the plant will grow, but it won't hurt it if you grow it for longer than that. As long as it grows, let it grow, your yeilds will be bigger for it.

---------------------------------------
    OVERGROW THE GOVERNMENT!

4. You can veg for as long as you want. If you're growing indoors then don't veg too long because your plants will likely double in size when they flower.

5. Yes, you can veg for as long as you want to, and if you train your plants down you won't have to worry too much about the size. That's the principle behind bonsai mothers (if you want to clone), and I've heard of mothers that have lasted for 20 years!