Cure Question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Bong_Ripper21, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Ok I am just looking for a quick cure method. I was wondering if....hanging the plant for 1 week. Then wraping the buds in a paper bag for 1 week. Then put in a jar for 1 week. So 3 weeks wouldnt be to bad if this would actually work. Anyone have a good cure method that can be done in about 3 weeks?

2. Two of your three weeks there are drying, not curing. Your weed will taste harsh without curing. You won't be smoking it all in one day so leave it in the jars, pinch your smoke as needed and let it continue curing. Be sure to open the jars for 10 minutes once or twice a day.

3. Ok couple more questions. Will they dry in 2 weeks? Should I use the brown bag or what? And my last question....Should I just chop the top buds and let the bottoms be? Will they get any bigger? Thanks

4. Drying time depends on your plants, drying conditions, etc, but most should be dry by 2 weeks. You can use the paper bag method or hang them, I prefer hanging because it exposes more of the bud's surface area to airflow for quicker and more even drying. But I think the paper bag route will work fine. You might want to put a handful of dry rice in a tissue then put a rubber band around the ends to make a "ball" and put it in the bottom of the bag, it will help absorb moisture.

Bottom buds may not get bigger but they may not be at optimal harvest time when the tops are ready. Check the trichs at lower levels and let them be your guide as to when to harvest.

5. Alright cool thanks toasty. I will probably just hang them it sounds easier than the bag haha. Im gettin so close I cant wait....Trichs are almost their. I smoke some they were sitting in a paper bag for 2 weeks man I got so high it was great.