my leaves are turing purplish black(Im also getting white spots)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mrtwomuchskill, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Heres my problem blades im on my 4th going on my fifth node and my 4th and 3rd set of leaves are turning purple/black on the edges I dont know what to do. Im also getting white spots thruout the plant about 5 total PLEASE HELP ASAP

2. What Soil?
    Are you feeding it?
    if your feeding it what are you feeding it and how often?

Turning purple is not something common, black or brown is nute burn.

3. Forgot to add my specs such a newbie misatke. My soil is Foxfarm and I think there 3 or 4 weeks old, no ferts added and my lights are 2 85 wtt cfl's 2-3 inches away from plant.Just transplnted last week froma 16 oz cup toa 3 gallon grow bag, still havent watered and been misting heavily 2 times a day

4. B.U.M.P but really I checked on my plants today gonna give them some H20 later on but heres what I saw, purpling on the leaf edges on the top set of leaves. Yellowing and leaves curling down on the second set of leaves and yellowing and black blemishes on the bottom set of leaves please help anybody PLEASE THX.

5. post some picts, what are your temps, pH, air circulation method, intake and exhaust.

6. My temps are between 87-91 and I have a fan two inches away constantly blowing on my plant, no exhuast or intake due to fan noise also I have no pics due to lack of camera. I really dont understand why this is happening I never fed them I gave them no water FUCK, first grows are a bitch Im also not using Foxfrm nomore sticking to my own mix(Organic soil, Worm castings, Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Bat guano (Maybe might not cause I want no nutrients in the soil) and Epson salts.

7. hmm , im pretty sure the stems and branches go purple with lack of nutrients and/or its too cold when lights are off? white specs may be pH problems , im sure someone more experience will come along and help you to the best of theyre knowledge.

good luck man.

8. Thx for all the replies people I really apprecite it, gonna give them 1/2 a gallon of water to get some air to the roots. If they still trippin Im gonna go ahead and feed them 1/4 the ammont of nutrients in 3-4 days to stop the yellowing of the lower leaves.

9. temp sounds high, any way to ventilate at all? might help alot.

10. Which fox farm soil??? there are 2 people use light warrior (not good for seedlings/youngens) and Ocean Forest (good for seedlings/youngens)

11. Im using Ocean Forest but also have Light Warrior for the first 2-3 weeks of growth :D