How often do you check your plants?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by boro, Oct 4, 2006.

1. For those of you that grow indoors, how often do you check your plants?

Are you compulsive about it, and check more than you need to?

Are you lazy and neglect to check them as often as you should?

How much time do you find yourself devoting to maintenance of the plants? Does it interfere with anything else you do? (work, school, etc.)

thanks! :smoking:

2. lol since I planted my first grow the other day I've been checking them like a motherfucker......hoping to see everytime I look that a sprout will be popping its head out.......... "fucking come on" I say to them......lol check out my Grow Journal if yah want!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Check them twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Anymore than that and you may as well be watching the grass grow....or water boil.......

And only check them while the lights are on..... you don't want light getting to your plants during the dark period.

4. Yeah but a few secs of light wont hermie them, its like having a car momentarily shine its lights on a weed plant out on the wilderness, I'm sure they're not that sensitive. Maybe if you leave them under a light for a good few mins then

5. Some days I only look at my plants 3 or 4 times and other days I basically live in the closet. My gf sometimes gets mad and says I spend more time with the plants then with her. Yet I won't hear her complaining when harvest comes and she has free bud to smoke.

• Like Like x 1
  6. when i get home from work (4:00pm) i open the door to my grow space and sit down, smoke a bowl and talk to my ladies. between when i get home and when i go to bed i usually check on them 2 to 3 times.

7. i usually use to do a check once day, making sure plants had enough air circulation and what not, now that they are flowering i check twice a week, i've seen to have done a good job to get these massive buds, took a sample at week 5, got high off ak-48 ha ha ha

8. Conversation or words of encouragement?

9. Twice a day, once in the morning, once in the evening.

10. Same.

11. I check them first thing in the morning, and resolve any problems before I head off to work. If it makes me late, so be it.

When I finish work, I go straight to the grow. I check the obvious stuff, and generally take a long look at them while I have a cuppa. Then I get anal. I measure new growth, node length, and leaf colour, and keep a log of each on a clipboard and calendar. This usually takes about an hour, and although relatively pointless, it requires close inspection of each plant, and this is when I usually notice the early stages of any problems.

If I'm busy I may not check them again until bedtime, when they get a 5 minute check of the obvious stuff again.

If I'm not busy, I spend lots of time in the room with them. I grow little seedling tomatoes and sunflowers in the same room, just to give me something to mess around with while I'm there. I experiment with various household products and my pH meter too.

Sometimes I sleep in there. It's warm and it smells lovely.

12. lol its exactly the same with my girlfriend

13. High sabre and ALL!:wave: Like you, I cant stay away! ..and flowering is a love/hate relationship as well. Love the BUD formation, but hate the lights OFF for as long as they are. Peace and be safe, TBug

14. its nice to know that im not the only one who has found them selves spending alot of time with the ladies.

15. I check my plant every 2-3 days depending on the weather and not even visits that far apart make it look like its growing as quick as everyone Else's. lol

EDIT.sorry mine out door didnt read the indoor bit

16. Check on them at least once a day, prefferably at some point where the lights are already on. It's fun to watch their progress, and you also need to keep a close eye on their health, so you can fix any problems if need be......

17. I generally check them in the morning when I get home from work and then again a little while before I go back to work in the afternoon. If I have the day off then i might check them 3-4 times, and if I'm having problems I'll check them more offten that that even.

18. I check them in the morning before I leave for work just to make sure nothing has gome awry. In the evening I check them, water them (if it's on schedule) and do whatever maintenence is needed.

If I check them anymore then I get too anxious and don't see progress.

19. hi, pure newb, 1st grow, i passed out the germ phase and just panted mines(barneys Vanilla Kush) in bio-bizz all mix, 3 days ago, now have both 1st leaves and now 1st set of true leaves are showing, got under 120w halogen, at 78f but one of the cotyledons is nice and green the other is shorter and yellower drooping. mabee 2 much water!! how much do 4day old plants need, and how often 50ml evry 2/3 days be ok?

sorry if ive re posted on a previous topic but any help will do

btw next week going under a sunmaster 600w dual spectrum, with al the bio biz nutes.

cheers for any responces in advance guys:wave:

20. i know the soil has enough nutes for the 1st 3 wks or so so was planning on starting with bio heavin with bio grow with a mix of secondary nutes too, and instead off buying ph+/- just use baking soda up, and lemon/lime peel as citrus is acidic and drop ph also gives bud a nice hint of flavour, some1 told me vinager, but this can rot the roots im told. also told to throw a few fresh frozen lettuce leaves in with the plants as this gives off great co2 !! dunno as i havent done it yet but there are so many ways, i wanna start of crawling before sprinting....

thanks guys. LCCmpn'r