how do you cure/treat bud rot???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jayjay5396, Oct 19, 2012.

1. hi i seem to have the problem of bud rot towards the end of my plants life, its always the tops that rot first.

i have a plant now she has bud rot, How do i slow the rot down or cure it??? she still got a few weeks to go the rot is spreading :(

ive already got some plant revitalize will that fix it??? never used it before didnt fancy poisoning my plant making me sick when i smoke it would you guys use it?

i'll use the plant revive if your sure it wont mess up my weed?????

any help would be great, im getting this with any plant i grow.

2. the humidity is too high

once the plant is infected, its going to go downhill. you may be able to catch the fungi in time before they spread to the whole plant, but if it looks chronic, the whole crop is probably infected.

you can try to raise temps a bit with a heater close, but not too close by, as bortrytis only grows in cooler temps.

if its bad you should harvest asap

3. my temps are 40c and 50% it changes slightly throughout the year its probably too hot already since the ideal temp is supposed to be 28c.

4. You dont cure it. You sorta kinda slow it down, maybe.

5. then its a different type of fungus. botryis, which is commonly referred to as "bud rot" is one type of fungus that grows on the buds, when the natural temp is droping and plant is getting ready to flower. there are many types of fungi.

i saw that your buds look pretty potent. get a magnifying glass, double check that statement, and harvest asap imo

Prevent Dreaded Botrytis (Bud Rot) In Your Medical Marijuana | BigBuds Magazine - Your one source for growing medical marijuana

tea tree oil is known to systematically kill fungus, but who knows what it would do to the plant if put in the water, and if it would even work, who knows?

6. sorry i mean cure as in fix it somehow stop it from rotting or slow the rot down, can it be caused by lack of water or feed?

7. no just high humidity. best thing to do is lower the humidity to like 30%. take away the moist environment that the fungus thrives in

8. #8 jayjay5396, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
    there's only my 2 plants in large pots with soil n litter trays on 12/12 from seedling i got no problems during veg they grow hairs at around 6 weeks, i water 3 liters every 2 days and feed them every 2 weeks there's a 16" cooling fan and my HPS 400w thats it.

cant see any damp anywhere ive been doing this for 3 years and every time without fail i get rot a few weeks into flowering it looks like the bud loses its green color drys out hardens and ends up whitish light brown but to me its just like when a rose dies it goes black maybe this what weed is doing its like the plant wants to die.

thanks for the link above very interesting gotta solve this cos its gonna happen all the time and also my previous plants they didnt taste like weed but the high is ok 1 plant keeps me going for months i get about 3 oz off em :)

9. can we see a close picture?

10. [quote name='"jayjay5396"']my temps are 40c and 50% it changes slightly throughout the year its probably too hot already since the ideal temp is supposed to be 28c.[/quote]

104F, are you sure?

11. yes during light hours thats what my temps are and light off hours its 20c 90%H my plants are on 12/12 from seed they grow perfect nice green then they grow the white hairs then 3-4 weeks into flowering they start to rot

12. j5396 you are going to need a dehumidifier ...a small one. check amazon they've got them for around $50-$70..too late for current grow but next grow..run it 24/7 it'll make a big difference

13. #14 jayjay5396, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2012
  14. I sleep over my grow..loft bed..mine cost $73 shipped..i don't have any problems since i got it..powdery mildew was my problem..3.5'x3.5'...5'ht space...600w dimmable ballast vented hood..two ocillating fans..and inline fan...window a/c kept running at 66 degrees during cab operation keeps temps under light at 78-82..i run during daylight hrs....1-2 plnts...humidity 36%-60%max..get 4-6oz plnt