First Grow (Bubbleponics)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HighRolla, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hey GC,

Thanks for checking out my first post. I'm hoping to use this thread to get my first grow started and also document how its going as time goes on. I'm hoping to sort out seeds as soon as I get a few questions answered.

Firstly, I rent at the moment and although I'm sure I can get away with a small grow op I definitely do not want to exceed one plant. As A result I really want to maximise yield as much as possible. I've decided to go for a bubbleponics setup and I'm hoping to have a grow tent hidden in a cupboard so I have about 5 feet of vertical space. I'm thinking of growing Big Bud and Lst'ing so there is ample room.

My first questions is, what kind of yield could I expect if I decided to use a 400w hps? I'm willing to consider 600w, just dont want to overdo it.

Also, if I'm looking at a standard grow tent, which way would be best to fit a carbon filter? I cant really afford any odour.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. I'd just stick with the 400w if you're only going to do 1 plant. You can use it from seed to weed if you like, an HPS full spectrum bulb is worth the extra money. I grew 2 northern lights plants under 1 400w HPS light and got around 4 oz. per plant and that was before I even knew what I was doing. Check out some of the links in my sig, there's some good bubble bucket info in them. As for a tent, I am not familiar with them, as I grow in a basement, but no matter what you do, a carbon filter can usually be attached to an exhaust fan and hang either inside the tent, or outside, depending on how it's designed. good exhaust fans are pretty loud though, especially if you're growing in a living area

3. I'm a bit confused when it comes to the carbon filter. Would anyone have photos or videos of one in use?

4. Just stumbled across what I think is your filter dangerous d. On the inside of your grow room, is an extrator fan attached to the end of the tube that runs out of the room and is attached to a filter?

5. Crazy, I am also a first time grower, and I chose the Bubbleponics system as well :) Im about a week and one day in and I have two growing pretty strong. My only advice thus far is to make sure to keep the water clean, make sure your tubing isnt too long and curling, ( air pump ) or your water wont get enough oxygen.

I am really looking forward to seeing your grow, so keep us posted!

Also, I am growing Big Bud XXL Autoflowering Feminized as well :D

6. Cool. I'l need a few weeks to get started so if you've got a journal or anything I'd be keen to follow it so I'd know what to expect. I considered the autoflowers myself but considering my situation thought one big plant would be better than several smaller ones. I really like the idea of a quick grow though.

7. Yeah thats why I went with auto, so it would be 3 or 4 months tops x)

I'll keep somewhat of a grow journal for you, but I haven't taken pictures earlier, so I will have pics from week 2 and forward :)

8. Had another idea and need opinions. I've been thinking over the last few days about where in my bedroom i could actually grow this plant and have come to the decision that despite loads of storage space, none of it is suitable to grow a full sized plant, especially as its all quite far away from any source of power.

I'm now thinking about building a stealth grow box from a chest of drawers:
    Build a Stealth Grow Box for less than $150 | Hail Mary Jane

I could place this right by the mains and instead of growing one large plant, house several auto flowers. I'm still planning on using Bubbleponics but have concerns about the yield. I have yet to figure out how many plants I want to put in there but ideally would want to harvest around 8oz. Using this setup would be be possible to yield an oz per plant? I imagine I would end up using CFLs for this grow.

9. [quote name='"HighRolla"']Just stumbled across what I think is your filter dangerous d. On the inside of your grow room, is an extrator fan attached to the end of the tube that runs out of the room and is attached to a filter?[/quote]

Yes, that's it. It's a big filter, somewhat heavy, so make sure you have the ability to hang it

10. What did you end up going with?