Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by yinzer, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Total newbie here... this thread has been extremely helpful in sexing - I thought I had 4/4 females (what are the chances?!)... then, I go away for the weekend and when I come home, I see this... am I right in thinking this plant is actually male??

Attached Files:

2. Yup it's a male.

3. so that means you will be plantin two plants one male to burst the pollen then a female to catch it??

4. Only if you want seeds. Otherwise, the good, smokeable weed is sinsemilla or seedless. Destroy all males unles you want seeds and even then, a good controlled pollenation of a couple female branches should suffice.

5. a yo can a plant have both male/female .. ok i have a plant that is flowering w/ little like balls all over .. is it changing or wat? can i smoke the bud {get high} or is it a waste ? i got a plant right next to it should i move it ?

6. Wow Crystal clear explanations. I am tempted to start collecting seeds and try myself. Great reply to a post. If I had any or knew how to give you rep i would. I think it is a great way to recognize someone's effort and genuity. Blaze on...

7. Yes a plant can go hermie/hermaphrodite with both male and female parts. No a male and a hermie are not great to smoke because they have little if any THC.

Not sure if the above was directed at me but, thanks anyway. We are here to help.

8. I think I'm probably in denial, I'm fairly sure this dude is a dude, can someone can confirm?

Also, sorry pics are so crap, had to take them on my phone. Hope you can tell.

dude 001.jpg

9. dunno man shit pic but looks like they could be side branches? if they arent its male.

10. Thanks for your input. :)

Can't get a better pic, shit camera, shit phone! I do know it's doing my head in trying to work it out lol!

11. New member/ aspiring grower...
    Great read...

12. Hey man welcome to the city and to growing. Definitely read all the sticky's like you are doing, before germinating.

13. This plant is only about 5 weeks old, so it's a little young, but could this possibly be what I'm looking for in a female?

[​IMG]
    (click on the photo to see it full size)

14. Looks like a female.

15. hey.. smkn whats shakin man.... i concur a girly for sure....

16. Hey budslinger long time no see.

17. yeah... you know sometimes life gets in the way of what we truly love..lol
    Glad to see your still setting em straight.....:D
    lots of newbies now... are they keeping ya busy>?

18. My two biggest plants went male on me.

I have pix if anyone is interested. I'm so sad. There was only 2.5 weeks left on em too. My first grow nearly ruined.

19. well hopefully you found them quickly..... did you clone ur females? life gets easier when you arent playing with seeds and males...
    gluck buddy

20. I found them pretty late actually. But they are gone now. I tried to clone a plant earlier, but it never rooted. Any tips for cloning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.